Confession during the Time of the Pandemic

August 18, 2020
The Sacrament of Confession, the disclosure or confession of sins to a priest, is an essential element of this sacrament. In a profound sense it is also a “confession” – acknowledgment and praise – of the holiness of God and of His mercy toward sinful man.

It is called the Sacrament of Forgiveness, since by the priest’s sacramental absolution God grants the penitent “pardon and peace.”

It is called the Sacrament of Reconciliation, because it imparts to the sinner the life of God who reconciles: “Be reconciled to God” (2 Cor 5:20). He who lives by God’s merciful love is ready to respond to the Lord’s call: “Go; first be reconciled to your brother” (Mt 5:24). 

Source: CCC 1424 
'An Act of Contrition'
O my God, I am heartily sorry for having offended you and I detest all my sins, because I dread the loss of heaven and the pains of hell. But most of all because I have offended you, my God, who are all good and deserving of all my love. I firmly resolve with the help of your grace, to confess my sins, to do penance and to amend my life. Amen
.
A GUIDE TO CONFESSION DURING THE TIME OF THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC in the UST College of Science


No comments:

Powered by Blogger.